Job Type: Full-time, 12 month contract
The Position: Character Animator
Rate: $48K (incl. Super and leave)
You are an accomplished animator with the ability to produce stunning work and have experience in developing animation systems for games. As an animator on the team, you possess highly developed creative skills and good technical ability. You will demonstrate outstanding all-round creativity, artistic ability, a real eye for detail and a deep knowledge of game animations.
You are responsible for creating and implementing high quality animations and as a 3D Character Animator you’ll be driving the team to make sure the high-quality standard is always met. A thorough understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics is essential in this role.
Communication, approachability and proactivity is vital for this role, as you will be expected to engage with other artists to drive content and new concepts through.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Essential
• Implementing real time animations in-game
• Understand animation pipeline from conceptual phase to deployment
• Excellent hand-key animation skills for human movement
• Experience with key-frame animation
• A thorough understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics
• Proficiency in Max, Maya and/or Motionbuilder
• Excellent communication skills with an innate ability to liaise across art and tech disciplines.
• Good eye for animation is a must, with a thorough understanding of animation principles, weighting, and skinning.
• Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and facial anatomy
• Strong background in rigging and skinning complex characters/objects in a realistic or exaggerated manner.
• Expert working knowledge of Motion Builder/Motive or equivalent software.
• In-depth knowledge of Maya, and experience with Python, Qt Frameworks (PySide, PyQt), and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus).
• A strong demo reel that adequately reflects this experience.
• Experience dealing with gameplay animations and knowledge of surfing, snowboarding or skateboarding aesthetics – understanding surfing style is paramount and vital in this job
• Experience with motion capture
• 2 Years Minimum experience as a 3D Animator in Video games or related Industry OR,
• Minimum of 3-year University degree.
• You must have a Demo reel that shows 3d animation work and, be prepared to demonstrate skill-set via a working to a brief set by Bungarra at the studio
• Referees must be provided
Demonstrable Character Traits:
• Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment. You’ve also got to know something about sports games.
• You need to have an excellent work ethic. This needs to be demonstrable. We are a media, deadline driven business. Punctuality and stamina on the job is everything.
• EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL. This is especially important, as re-work will be required. Near enough isn’t good enough
• Self motivated
• Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity
• Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work well within a small team with a passion for games
• Take constructive criticism very well and complete tasks by the assigned due dates
• Absolute determination to see a job through.
• Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
• Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
• Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
• This is not the right position for someone who really wants to do character work, OR, who wants to build pre-rendered movies.
• Desire to ship quality products on time
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must already be a resident of Perth Western Australia. We are employing Perth based people only or ex-residents willing to move home at this point.
• Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
• Applications by COB Friday May 10th, 2019
• The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Animator: Last name, First name
• Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
• Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
• Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*