Job Type: Full-time, contract 12 months with the possibility of further work
The Position: Gameplay Programmer
Rate: $64K (incl. Super and leave)
Job Title Gameplay Programmer
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile gameplay programmer. As a gameplay programmer you will work closely with other programmers, designers, and artists to implement the vision of the game. You will take part in frequent code reviews and discussions to make sure we find a great balance between high quality and timely delivery, and with every change to our code we strive to leave it in a better state than when we started. You will be able to touch a lot of different gameplay systems, and you will need to be flexible and eager to learn.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Working on core game modes, scoring and gameplay elements such as the game inventory systems.
- Tweaking gameplay physics systems and refining balance of play elements
- Optimizing and maintaining the graphical performance on the PS4, Xbox and PC.
- Collaborating with our talented art team to define performance profiles and budgets.
- Working on submission standards and ensuring the platform technical requirements checklists are adhered to
Who Are We Looking For?
- A passionate, skilled and self-motivated coder who thrives when working within a team.
- A programmer experienced in a modern engine, across multiple PC or console games.
- A coding expert with a thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, data structures, alongside performance-minded development and optimisation abilities.
- A knowledge base in a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX/HLSL and OpenGL/GLSL, plus C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
- 3 Years Minimum experience as a programmer in Video games or related Industry OR,
- Minimum of 3-year University level degree.
- Referees must be provided
- At least one shipped title on a console is an advantage
Demonstrable Character Traits:
- Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment. You’ve also got to know something about sports games.
- You need to have an excellent work ethic. This needs to be demonstrable. We are a media, deadline driven business. Punctuality and stamina on the job is everything.
- Absolute determination to see a job through.
- Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
- Dedication to high quality graphic art.
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Desire to ship quality products on time
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment
- EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL. This is especially important, as re-work will be required. Near enough isn’t good enough
- Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must already be a resident of Perth Western Australia. We are employing Perth based people or ex-Perth people looking to move home only at this point. Interstate and OS based people will be considered at a later stage
- Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
- Applications by COB Friday May 10th, 2019
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Game programmer: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: email@example.com
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*