Job Type: Full-time, contract 12 months with the possibility of further work
The Position: Graphics Programmer
Rate: $64K (incl. Super and leave)
Job Title Graphics Programmer
Job Category Graphics / Engine
Are you a trailblazing Graphics Coder looking for an amazing new challenge? We are looking for a talented Graphics Programmer to join the Code Team and become an integral part of the creation of our upcoming next generation water based title. If visual excellence and cutting-edge rendering prowess are what get you up in the morning, then we’d love to hear from you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Developing essential, cutting edge rendering ocean waves, water and FX features for a high-quality current and a possible next generation title.
- Optimizing and maintaining the graphical performance of each game.
- Collaborating with our talented art team to define performance profiles and budgets.
- Ensuring that the console technical requirement checklists are met.
Who Are We Looking For?
- A passionate, skilled and self-motivated coder who thrives when working within a team.
- A Graphics Programmer experienced in a modern engine, across multiple PC or console games.
- A coding expert with a thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, data structures, alongside performance-minded development and optimization abilities.
- A knowledge base in a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX/HLSL and OpenGL/GLSL, plus C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
- 2 Years Minimum experience as a Graphic programmers in Video games or related Industry OR,
- Minimum of 3-year University level degree.
- Referees must be provided
- At least one shipped console game is an advantage
Demonstrable Character Traits:
- Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment. You’ve also got to know something about sports games.
- You need to have an excellent work ethic. This needs to be demonstrable. We are a media, deadline driven business. Punctuality and stamina on the job is everything.
- Absolute determination to see a job through.
- Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
- Dedication to high quality graphic art.
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Desire to ship quality products on time
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment
- EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL. This is especially important, as re-work will be required. Near enough isn’t good enough
- Self motivated
- Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must already be a resident of Perth Western Australia. We are employing Perth based people or ex-Perth people looking to move home only at this point. Interstate and OS based people will be considered at a later stage
- Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
- Applications by COB Friday May 10th, 2019
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Graphic programmer: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: email@example.com
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*