WE HAVE A VACANCY FOR A GRAPHICS PROGRAMMER!
Job Type: Part-time 5 day fortnight, contract 6 months initially. The possibility of full-time work for the right candidate.
The Position: Graphics Programmer
Job Title Graphics Programmer
Job Category Graphics
Are you a trailblazing Graphics Coder looking for an amazing new challenge? We are looking for a talented Graphics Programmer to join the Code Team and become an integral part of the creation of our upcoming next generation water based title. If visual excellence and cutting-edge rendering prowess are what get you up in the morning, then we’d love to hear from you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Developing essential, cutting edge rendering ocean waves, water and FX features for a high-quality current and a possible next generation title.
- Optimising and maintaining the graphical performance of each game.
- Collaborating with our talented art team to define performance profiles and budgets.
Who Are We Looking For?
- A passionate, skilled and self-motivated coder who thrives when working within a team.
- A Graphics Programmer experienced in a modern engine, across multiple PC or console games.
- A coding expert with a thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, data structures, alongside performance-minded development and optimisation abilities.
- A knowledge base in a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX/HLSL and OpenGL/GLSL, plus C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
- Working knowledge of PBR, HDR, sRGB, Tone mapping, Colour grading, Image processing
- Working knowledge of DirectX 11/12 graphics API
- Experience on the current generation of game consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- 3 Years Minimum experience as a Graphic programmers in Video games or related Industry OR,
- Minimum of 3-year University level degree.
- Referees must be provided
Demonstrable Character Traits:
- Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment. You’ve also got to know something about sports games.
- You need to have an excellent work ethic. This needs to be demonstrable. We are a media, deadline driven business. Punctuality and stamina on the job is everything.
- Absolute determination to see a job through.
- Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
- Dedication to high quality graphic art.
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Desire to ship quality products on time
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment
- EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL. This is especially important, as re-work will be required. Near enough isn’t good enough
- Self motivated
- Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must preferably be a resident of Perth Western Australia.
- Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Graphic programmer: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*