Job Type: Contract 8 months (possibility of extension)
The position: Mid Level Unity Programmer Generalist
Rate: Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
Work Arrangement: Flexible working (office in Fremantle and home).
*We cannot consider a remote ‘only’ position at this stage*
We have a programming position open for an enthusiastic and talented mid-level Unity programmer. We’re looking for that special all-rounder with a range of skills, someone who is interested in working with a small, tight knit development team based in Fremantle, Western Australia. We develop high-quality, high-impact, multi-platform sports games. Bungarra is currently completing its current project for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
Bungarra seeks to provide a home to highly creative, passionate, and self-motivated individual who excels in a collaborative environment which offers the rewards and responsibilities of personal ownership, for both specific project tasks as well as for the Company in general.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities
- Help support existing systems, including bug fixing
- Designing and implementing systems and tools to support game needs.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
- As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements.
- Testing and documenting of the code you write.
Required Knowledge / Skills
- Must have shipped at least one console game to market (verifiable credits)
- Must have three or more years industry programming experience with Unity
- Must have expertise in C#
- Strong generalist skills, with solid understanding of game-related math.
- 3 years GitHub experience
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (University Only)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (University)
- Is an Australian citizen, or hold a current visa to work in Australia
- Must be fluent in English
- Experience in writing shaders, and interpreting shader language
- Experience with common packages and tools in Unity
- Experience with C++
- Experience with multiplayer networking engines (like Mirror)
- Experience with console development or porting
- Experience with Unreal or other notable engines
Demonstrable Character Traits:
- Must have a passion for sport games.
- You need to have an excellent work ethic. This needs to be demonstrable. We are a media, deadline driven business. Punctuality and stamina are vital.
- Absolute determination to see a job through.
- Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
- Dedication to high quality environment code.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Desire to ship quality products on time
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail. This is especially important, as re-work will be required.
- Self motivated
- Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.
How to apply:
Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must already be a resident of Perth Western Australia.
We are employing Perth based people only at this point. Interstate and OS based people will be considered at a later stage
- Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
- Applications by COB Friday 17th February, 2023
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Mid Level Unity Programmer: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2007 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: email@example.com
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*