Job Type: Contract 8 months (possibility of extension)
The position: Mid Level Unity Programmer Generalist
Rate: Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
Work Arrangement: Flexible working (office in Fremantle and home).
*We cannot consider a remote ‘only’ position at this stage*
We have a programming position open for an enthusiastic and talented mid-level Unity programmer. We’re looking for that special all-rounder with a range of skills, someone who is interested in working with a small, tight knit development team based in Fremantle, Western Australia. We develop high-quality, high-impact, multi-platform sports games. Bungarra is currently completing its current project for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
Bungarra seeks to provide a home to highly creative, passionate, and self-motivated individual who excels in a collaborative environment which offers the rewards and responsibilities of personal ownership, for both specific project tasks as well as for the Company in general.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities
- Help support existing systems, including bug fixing
- Designing and implementing systems and tools to support game needs.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
- As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements.
- Testing and documenting of the code you write.
Required Knowledge / Skills
- Must have shipped at least one console game to market (verifiable credits)
- Must have three or more years industry programming experience with Unity
- Must have expertise in C#
- Strong generalist skills, with solid understanding of game-related math.
- 3 years GitHub experience
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (University Only)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (University)
- Is an Australian citizen, or hold a current visa to work in Australia
- Must be fluent in English
- Experience in writing shaders, and interpreting shader language
- Experience with common packages and tools in Unity
- Experience with C++
- Experience with multiplayer networking engines (like Mirror)
- Experience with console development or porting
- Experience with Unreal or other notable engines
Demonstrable Character Traits:
- Must have a passion for sport games.
- You need to have an excellent work ethic. This needs to be demonstrable. We are a media, deadline driven business. Punctuality and stamina are vital.
- Absolute determination to see a job through.
- Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
- Dedication to high quality environment code.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Desire to ship quality products on time
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail. This is especially important, as re-work will be required.
- Self motivated
- Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.
How to apply:
Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must already be a resident of Perth Western Australia.
We are employing Perth based people only at this point. Interstate and OS based people will be considered at a later stage
- Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
- Applications by COB Friday 17th February, 2023
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Mid Level Unity Programmer: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2007 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*
Feel free to review the following work experience opportunities.
*We are very sorry but we cannot accommodate school students.
Please note that emails regarding w/experience school aged people will no longer be answered.*
PROGRAMMER WORK EXPERIENCE
We are offering work experience for programmers passionate about the console game industry. Perth, Western Australian based programmers (only) must be completing / or have completed a Computer Science or Software Engineering degree at either Murdoch, Curtin, or UWA. For UWA, candidates must be completing a CS or software engineering degree and have a solid working knowledge of either Unity or Unreal engines. We cannot accommodate school students. We can offer up to 20 days experience. You will work with our team on a range of small projects. If we can, will try to accommodate you to best suit to your skill-set or interest. If you think you have what it takes to write great game code and you’d like to get some first-hand work experience on console games then feel free to email us to apply.
Please email: admin(at)bungarra.com
*Please note we are in the midst of releasing our current product, so slots are limited and we may not be able to accommodate*
GRAPHIC ART, 3D MODELER OR ANIMATOR WORK EXPERIENCE
We can offer work experience for artists / animators passionate about the console game industry. Dedicated game developers living in Perth, Western Australia only please. We cannot accommodate school students. If you are an artist living in Perth you must be completing or have completed a relevant University level degree at either Curtin or Murdoch Universities. We can offer up to 20 days experience. You will work with the team on a range of small projects at the studio. If we can, will try to accommodate you to best suit to your skill-set or interest. If you think you have what it takes to create compelling console game art, you live and breathe games and you’d like to get some first-hand work experience in games, then feel free to email us to apply.
Please email: admin(at)bungarra.com
*Please note we are temporarily suspending work experience for artists. We will recommence this program again once we release our current product*