Job Type: Full-time, 6 months contract
The Position: Level Modeller 1 – Specialist World Builder
Rate: $48K (incl. Super and leave)
We’re looking for that special someone who is interested in getting in on the ground floor and growing with a small company with an eye to the future. Bungarra is an independent developer/ publisher based in Fremantle, Western Australia. Bungarra develops high-quality, high-impact, multi-platform sports games. In the past Bungarra has worked with larger Publishers such as EA and Vivendi Universal and Bungarra now develops and publishes its own games.
Bungarra seeks to provide a home to highly creative, passionate, and self-motivated individuals who excel in a collaborative environment which offers the rewards and responsibilities of personal ownership, for both specific project tasks as well as for the Company in general.
We’re looking for someone who can model out a dry game designer’s schematic into an environment full of mood and personality. It’s both a left and right brain affair, you’ll get to work with cutting edge software and have tremendous artistic input into the final product. All in all it’s a lot of aesthetic responsibility, but if you’re the kind of person that glories in making beautiful things, then this is the job for you.
- Ability to model, and texture 3D Environments and objects to a HIGH level of quality. A demonstrable understanding of how to take a partly finished world to its polished conclusion
- A good working knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop etc
- Quickly master in-house tools – as well as 3rd party packages such as Phyre Engine
- Traditional skills a MUST
- Technical skills a MUST
- Ability to adapt art style to match that of game being produced. Ability to work to a brief.
- Understanding of lighting concepts, and the ability to effectively light environments. This is a MUST
- Good use of line and light
- Understanding of 3D lighting solutions including ray-tracing, radiosity, HDRL, vertex lighting, and light-maps
- Breadth of artistic styles
- Understanding of colour theory
- Excellent environmental concept art skills.
- Excellent eye for colour.
- Core fundamentals, as well as light, form, shadow, colour
- Importance of dates/milestones, teamwork and organization. Understanding of when to sacrifice time or quality for one another
- Good knowledge of Art History
- 2 Years Minimum experience as a 3D Artist in Video games or related Industry OR,
- Minimum of 3-year University level degree with an emphasis in modelling and texturing.
- You must have a Demo reel that shows 3d environment modelling and texture work and, be prepared to demonstrate skill-set via a working to a brief set by Bungarra at the studio
- Referees must be provided
Demonstrable Character Traits:
- EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL. This is especially important, as re-work will be required. Near enough isn’t good enough
- Must have a passion for games and interactive entertainment. You’ve also got to know something about sports games.
- You need to have an excellent work ethic. This needs to be demonstrable. We are a media, deadline driven business. Punctuality and stamina on the job is everything.
- Absolute determination to see a job through.
- Ability to rapidly learn & assimilate new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers
- Dedication to high quality environment art.
- An interest in Photography
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
- This is not the right position for someone who really wants to do character work, OR, who wants to build pre-rendered movies.
- Desire to ship quality products on time
- Excellent communication skills in a team environment
- Ability to accurately estimate delivery, AND, deliver.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Graphic design / layout skills a plus.
- Character animation, general animation skills
- Efficacy with Adobe AE
- Ability to effectively teach others.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must already be a resident of Perth Western Australia. We are employing Perth based people only at this point. Interstate and OS based people will be considered at a later stage
- Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
- Applications by COB Wednesday July 3rd, 2019
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: World Artist: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*